Second Deck Officer
The Second Officer performs his assigned bridge watch-standing and navigational duties.
- Executes the correct performance of his assigned bridge watch-standing and navigational duties;
- Ensures the application of the company policy on board regarding the health and hygiene for crew and passengers;
- Supports Captain, Staff Captain or Chief Mate in all technical matter of the Ship;
- Supports or relieves the Chief Mate in case of emergency;
- Is responsible for the cadet training during his navigational watch;
- Is responsible for the weekly sanitation inspections in the Provision Room;
- Is responsible for the control of water supply from shore or barges;
- Supervises the Integrated Pest Control program;
- Cooperates with the Safety Officer for the safety familiarization of the crew;
- Participates in cabin inspections of Ship personnel when required by the Staff Captain;
- Attends all cocktail parties and social and entertaining functions where his presence is required by the Master.
- Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional language is considered an advantage;
- Certificate of Competency IMO STCW Cap II/2;
- Extensive successful experience in a similar position within Cargo or Other Cruise Company;
- Basic Windows-based programs knowledge;
- Sound supervisory skills;
- Proven ability to work in a harmonious productive team environment, exercising authority, diplomacy, and impartiality;
- Substantial interpersonal, oral, written communication and negotiation skills;
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work onboard.
- USA VISA if in possess
Gute Englischkenntnisse werden voraussgesetzt.
JOIN US AND SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN GROW!
MSC Cruises has grown exponentially since 2003. In such a short time, we have built a fleet of 21 modern and most environmentally advanced ships!
With our constant expansion, our fleet will grow in capacity with the arrival of eight new ships in three different classes by 2027.
One of our latest ships – MSC World Europa – was delivered in 2022, inaugurating the World Class. It is our largest cruise ship to date, with a capacity of over 6,700 passengers, served by more than 2,000 crew members.
In 2022 we also inaugurated the MSC Seascape which features new immersive high-tech entertainment with innovative technology that provides guests with endless leisure options.
From 2023 MSC Cruises will enter the Luxury segment by launching its first of four Explora Journeys ships. The ships will be equipped with the best and latest environmental technology and bestowed with a highly-innovative design.
With four new mega-ships and four Luxury ships to be built and delivered between 2023 and 2027, the biggest and most important challenge for MSC Cruises is to find, recruit and train a high number of new crew members needed to provide the service, fun and safety that have become hallmarks of MSC Cruises.
This massive project is already well under way. The Human Resources Team is not only working to recruit the best talents but is also visiting our manning agencies and hiring partners around the world to ensure that the right people and facilities are in place to prepare this ‘army’ of new crew members for their life at sea.
We need motivated and ambitious crew members who work with passion and understand the value of a smile.