The main purpose of the Chief Electrician on board is to oversee and maintain all the electrical equipment through the ship and the Engine Room. The First Electrician is responsible for electrical maintenance on-board and daily reporting to Chief Electrician. Their duties include the maintenance of high and low voltage electrical facilities in the engine room and in the Hotel zone. He/She collaborates and assists the chief Electrician for the maintenance of Main Electrical Equipment as alternators, main propulsion motors etc., and to ensure safe and secure supervision of the work performed by the electricians. He/She is supported by the Electricians in all activities related to electrical operations and maintenance of the ship.
- Consults daily with the Chief Electrician concerning methods and procedures for the maintenance and upkeep of the electrical equipment generally within and outside the engine room;
- Assigns maintenance, repair duties to electricians, actively supervising in any overhaul, and repair work;
- Inspects all related work in progress, and on completion, assures that manpower is utilized to the fullest extent, that work is executed properly in accordance with acceptable standards and that no wastage of materials occurs;
- Assigns maintenance duties to his engine department personnel, actively supervising overhaul and repair work;
- Inspects work in progress, and on completion, assuring that manpower is utilized to its fullest extent;
- Supervises the use of appropriate material used for maintenance, assuring required safety for personnel and equipment;
- Assures correct disposal of garbage to comply with International, National and Company regulations;
- Trains personnel assigned to his engine watch (particularly new personnel) to follow safe working practices, ensuring that functions are fully recognized by each man and that work done and the manner of performance conforms to established standards;
- Prepares requisitions and spare parts, submitting them to the Chief Electrician for approval;
- Ensures control over the issue and use of materials to prevent waste;
- Operates with the full consideration for the comfort of Guests;
- By mutual arrangement with the Chief Electrician, the First Electrician has to be on board the vessel at any time the Chief Electrician is absent from the ship.
- Fluent in oral and written English and Italian. Knowledge of other Foreign languages is a plus;
- High School Graduation with appropriate licenses obtained from certified Technical Institutes;
- At least 5 years of experience in the position on board of Ships operating internationally;
- Windows-based computer ability and proven knowledge of MS Office suite is a must;
- Good supervisory skills, crisis, and problem handling;
- Physical integrity and ability to: stand, walk, use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear, taste or smell, lift and/or move up to 25 Kg., the full ability of close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus;
- STCW training are compulsory (Basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
- Proficiency in security awareness training is required;
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work onboard.
- VISA working permit, Entry and/or Transit VISAs may be required depending on ship itinerary
Gute Englischkenntnisse werden voraussgesetzt.
JOIN US AND SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN GROW!
MSC Cruises has grown exponentially since 2003. In such a short time, we have built a fleet of 21 modern and most environmentally advanced ships!
With our constant expansion, our fleet will grow in capacity with the arrival of eight new ships in three different classes by 2027.
One of our latest ships – MSC World Europa – was delivered in 2022, inaugurating the World Class. It is our largest cruise ship to date, with a capacity of over 6,700 passengers, served by more than 2,000 crew members.
In 2022 we also inaugurated the MSC Seascape which features new immersive high-tech entertainment with innovative technology that provides guests with endless leisure options.
From 2023 MSC Cruises will enter the Luxury segment by launching its first of four Explora Journeys ships. The ships will be equipped with the best and latest environmental technology and bestowed with a highly-innovative design.
With four new mega-ships and four Luxury ships to be built and delivered between 2023 and 2027, the biggest and most important challenge for MSC Cruises is to find, recruit and train a high number of new crew members needed to provide the service, fun and safety that have become hallmarks of MSC Cruises.
This massive project is already well under way. The Human Resources Team is not only working to recruit the best talents but is also visiting our manning agencies and hiring partners around the world to ensure that the right people and facilities are in place to prepare this ‘army’ of new crew members for their life at sea.
We need motivated and ambitious crew members who work with passion and understand the value of a smile.