Financial Revenue Analyst
Here at Costa we want you the way you are. We live in a modern and enriching environment, where all of us can feel fulfilled and free to innovate, maybe making mistakes, trying again and succeeding. Our business is powerful and keeps growing stronger thanks to our people: that’s why we support their growth and their journey of continuous self-improvement.
Today we are looking for a Business Analyst, who will join the Commercial & Product Finance Department our corporate team that supports the Sales & Marketing and Guest Experience Management team in accurate planning and forecasting, and in the decision making process through periodic variance analysis and business cases elaboration.
The person will join the Passengers Revenue Team partnering with Revenue Management during plan and forecast phases and Air&Sea Department during month-end closure and variance analysis with the responsibility to contribute forecasting, business analysis and support business decisions in the Air&Sea area.
- Ensure the accurate planning and forecasting for specific areas of responsibility (Air&Sea) working together with Revenue Management in analysing historical trends, reflecting potential risks and opportunities and endorsing the relevant business proposals.
- Contribute to accurate month-end closing for the P&L lines in scope, by ensuring the accuracy of the accounting during the month (having clear the end-to-end data flow from legacy transactional systems to the Finance Reporting tool) and by defining / posting the needed accruals so to ensure the proper revenues and costs competency for each fiscal month.
- Analyse business performance explaining the deviation of actual values versus the targets and proposing possible corrective actions through analysis and interaction with Revenue Management, Air&Sea Department and Meet&Greet function.
- Support and propose process and accounting rules improvements in the areas in scope, ensure the accounting cleansing thru reconciliations and provide for some Corporate deliverables as well as for some SOX controls also in Ticket Revenues area
- Strong interaction also with other Finance Departments and mainly Accounting and Group Controlling. The interaction with Business and other Finance Departments will be with peers and management level.
- 3-5 years of experience in mid-big size companies (incl. consultants / financial auditors) in at least one of the following areas: Business Analysis, Business Development, Planning & Analysis, Controlling
- Excellent Finance back-ground with clear understanding of the Profit & Loss costs and revenues elements and the correlated key economical and operational drivers
- Excellent in analytics: ability to select relevant information among high volumes of available data available, smart in understating the key correlations and in effectively communicate the synthesis
- Proactive in anticipating potential issues and in proposing mitigation actions
- Confidence under pressure and ability to identify and resolve problems with some degree of autonomy and supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Gute Englischkenntnisse werden voraussgesetzt.
Costa is the largest Italian travel group and the European number one cruise operator; proudly the only company in the cruise industry sailing the Italian flag.
From the beginning, we operate with passion to make our guests find the most wonderful places to over 250 destinations worldwide in Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the Baltic Sea, the Caribbean, Central and South America, the United Arab Emirates, the Far East, the Indian Ocean, plus Round-the-World cruises, offering them the opportunity to discover countries and to meet different cultures, with respect for their identities.
We enjoy an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming. We are team-oriented and know that diversity of thought and ideas are key to growing personally and professionally.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community of more than 19,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are young, explorers and pioneers with a passion for making human connections with each other and across the world.
Your career is an exploration of your potential. Embark on your career journey where you explore your talents and skills, and see each accomplishment as a beginning for your next experience.
Are you ready to join?