Chef Pastry (shipboard)
Aim of the Position
As Chef Pastry, you will be the onboard pastry team leader able to satisfy Guests’ sweet cravings by creating delicious pastries through passion, creativity and professional touch
- Supervising the correct handling of existing equipment to maintain par levels and completing orders for replacing
- Reviewing the strengths and weaknesses of all Crew within the pastry departments to improve their skills with continuous training
- Conducting a training session each week based on the rotation of the menus
- Checking pastry products in all stations and outlets, food orders and provision area
- gh school diploma or equivalent (Culinary school degree or foreign equivalency preferred)
- At least 2 years supervisory experience on cruise ships or high volume
- Hotel / Restaurant
- At least 3 years pastry experience
- Strong knowledge of all pastry (croissanterie) techniques, equipment, tools, and supplies
- HACCP certification
- English knowledge B2
- Italian knowledge is an advantage
- Previous shipboard experience is a plus
Gute Englischkenntnisse werden voraussgesetzt.
Costa is the largest Italian travel group and the European number one cruise operator; proudly the only company in the cruise industry sailing the Italian flag.
From the beginning, we operate with passion to make our guests find the most wonderful places to over 250 destinations worldwide in Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the Baltic Sea, the Caribbean, Central and South America, the United Arab Emirates, the Far East, the Indian Ocean, plus Round-the-World cruises, offering them the opportunity to discover countries and to meet different cultures, with respect for their identities.
We enjoy an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming. We are team-oriented and know that diversity of thought and ideas are key to growing personally and professionally.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community of more than 19,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are young, explorers and pioneers with a passion for making human connections with each other and across the world.
Your career is an exploration of your potential. Embark on your career journey where you explore your talents and skills, and see each accomplishment as a beginning for your next experience.
Are you ready to join?