Internship At Shore Excursions Department
Here at Costa we have a mantra: we want you the way you are! Costa people are heterogeneous by culture, age, personality – and we love them like that. Each of our internships is a precious opportunity to discover the heart of our Headquarter and business, gaining strong skills in a stimulating environment. We deeply believe in the positive impact that brilliant neo-graduates will give us: that’s why we invest on them with a 6 months period of continuous training.
For our Guest Experience – Shore Excursions Dept. we’re looking for an intern who’ll support the following key activities:
- Qualitative analysis of daily reports (content check and possible follow up with Corporate Tour Manager and ships)
- Review of end of cruise reports with highlights at the Corporate Tour Manager on the topics to follow up
- analysis and follow-up with ships on group performance
- support on cost monitoring and reconciliation activities
Peculiar environmental aspects:
- Product knowledge: after a first induction on the ground, we plan to organize ship visits on board to learn about the on-board Tour Office and the services provided on land.
- Link with Finance / Shorex Sourcing Dept; manage the relationship with finance and with sourcing for fixing activities (i.e. correction / reconciliation Participant Reports, completion Bid Prep Template).
- Link with Business Development: coordinating with the Revenue Management team for the fine tuning of descriptions and promotional material to be shared with the board.
- Involvement in Special Projects: we have identified a series of projects and initiatives in order to optimize and rationalize the work of the Tour team, through automation and reduction of manual processes, It will be useful to do micro project management, acting as liaison with the colleagues of the different dpt involved (IT, marketing, RVM, etc.) based on the identified opportunities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, Tourism Sciences, Economics, Marketing and similar
- Good knowledge of English (B2 at least).
- Good IT and digital skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to grasp complex issues quickly and communicate them simply and effectively.
- Ability to work in a team.
Location: Genoa, HQ
Gute Englischkenntnisse werden voraussgesetzt.
Costa is the largest Italian travel group and the European number one cruise operator; proudly the only company in the cruise industry sailing the Italian flag.
From the beginning, we operate with passion to make our guests find the most wonderful places to over 250 destinations worldwide in Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the Baltic Sea, the Caribbean, Central and South America, the United Arab Emirates, the Far East, the Indian Ocean, plus Round-the-World cruises, offering them the opportunity to discover countries and to meet different cultures, with respect for their identities.
We enjoy an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming. We are team-oriented and know that diversity of thought and ideas are key to growing personally and professionally.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community of more than 19,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are young, explorers and pioneers with a passion for making human connections with each other and across the world.
Your career is an exploration of your potential. Embark on your career journey where you explore your talents and skills, and see each accomplishment as a beginning for your next experience.
Are you ready to join?