Wanderlust? Working and living onboard river cruise ships – experience your #WorldClassMoments!
River cruises offer new perspectives, destinations and challenges every day. Take the opportunity of gaining special insights into the ports and cultures of Europe. Follow the Danube to Vienna, admire the Eiffel Tower from the Seine and explore St. Petersburg with your new colleagues. With enthusiasm and motivation for your job you will have the best career opportunities – with commitment and team spirit you will make friendships for life.
Discover the most beautiful ports in Europe onboard the river ships operated by sea chefs.
Welcome on board – Welcome to our World. Class. Team.Job summery:
- Managing the service department under supervision of the Maître d'
- Control and enforcement of the quality standards in his/her assigned area of work
- Guarantee smooth service operations
- Obligation to attend during restaurant and buffet service
- Responsibility for the adherence of all relevant hygiene (HACCP), safety and environmental regulations in his/her assigned service area
- Responsibility for the careful handling of all equipment and machinery in the entire service
- Always available as contact for passengers regarding inquiries, complaints and suggestions in the service
- Motivation of service crew to excellent service
- Planning, organising and delegating special functions in the service area
- Minimum age 22 years
- Flexible, trustworthy, efficient, reliable, able to work under pressure
- Cost and quality awareness
- Team player
- Respectful, friendly and professional conduct towards passengers and crew
- Good manners, well-groomed appearance
Qualification / Experience:
- Qualified training as hotel / restaurant specialist or documented relevant experience
- Several years of relevant work experience
- Very good knowledge of restaurant service; especially beverages/wine
- Experience in managing complaints, living up to service
- Good educational background
- Fluent in spoken English and/or German, depending on the vessel
Area of responsibility:
- In his/her assigned area of service, the Head Waiter is a competent specialist and disciplined superior in the service department, authorised to issue directives.
Deputy in case of absence:
- Maitre d'Hotel
Alle Bewerber müssen bereits Berufserfahrung an Bord eines Kreuzfahrtschiffs oder in einem 4/5* Hotel haben.
Gute Englischkenntnisse werden voraussgesetzt.
- Jobs im Hotelbetrieb (9)
- Küchenjobs (36)
- Restaurantjobs (24)
- Servicemitarbeiter für Getränke (12)
- Lagerverwaltungsjobs (F&B/Hotel) (0)
- Deck-Jobs (7)
- Technische Jobs / Maschinisten (5)
- Gästeservice/Rezeption Jobs (11)
- Jobs im Einzelhandel (7)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (33)
- Kinderbetreuungs-Jobs (1)
- Entertainment Jobs (16)
- Jobs für Fotografen (1)
- Reiseleiter-Jobs für Landausflüge (1)
- Medizinische Jobs (3)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (1)
- Casino Jobs (2)
- IT Jobs (0)
- Management Jobs (0)
- Verwaltungsjobs (4)
- Jobs an Land (2)
- Andere Jobs (0)