Guest Services Specialist
Department: Guest Svc
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting To: Guest Services Supervisor
MUST BE SHIP EXPERIENCED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR INTERVIEW
Assists all guests with any service issue, queries and complaints, as well as providing general ship, port, tour and travel information. Meet or exceed guest expectations on every occasion.
Guest relations come first and it is the duty of the GSS to make effective decisions during work and report all their findings to the GSM. The ability to demonstrate efficient decision-making and effective communication with their supervisor and assigned crew is needed. The GSS also has the ability to create Seabourn Moments by listening to the guests and informing all departments of any special occasions that they might be celebrating.
The Guest Service Specialist reports directly to the Guest Service Supervisor supported by the Guest Service Manager.
- Provide guests with general ship, port and tour information; become knowledgeable concerning all facets of shipboard organization and services, ports of call and shore excursions.
- Process all passengers at embarkation/registration according to the embarkation SOP. This includes collecting passports.
- Liaise with other departments on any suite issues, changes or other requests.
- Manage Restaurant invitations and reservations.
- Handle administrative services and communication services (copy, scanning, mail, fax, phone, etc.) for guests.
- Receive lost and found items and log according to SOP.
- Maintain a working float for the cashing of passenger travelers checks, currency exchange. Cash float to be balanced daily with Chief Purser.
- Ensure that all passenger complaints received at the “Seabourn Square” are either settled immediately or referred to the Guest Service Manager or Supervisor for follow up.
- Prepares guest lists, party invitations, gift order printing and special notes from the Ship’s management to the guests.
- To be familiar with and execute the Seabourn HESS-MS appropriate to their position.
- Learn and address guests by name as per SOP.
- Maintain the Seabourn Square in a comfortable manner ensuring all aspects of the Seabourn Square and surroundings are kept up to standard.
- Update Siebel with guest preferences and complaints.
- Hotel School Diploma or similar preferred.
- Fluent English, written and spoken and good knowledge of one other (foreign) language, I.e. Spanish, German, French, Italian, etc.
- 2 years front desk experience in a 5 star establishment. Cruise line experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Patient, tactful and courteous; able to work under pressure.
- High level of integrity
- Maintain confidentiality of all communications whether written, email, fax or telephone. Pleasant Personality and always well groomed
- Excellent Communication skills
Physical Demands & Travel
For the safety of yourself and others on board certain physical abilities shall be maintained. Must be able to bend, climb, perform repetitive motion, and repetitively heavy lift.
Must maintain physical fitness to perform tasks associated with job.
- Passport – valid for a minimum of 6 month
- Flag state issued seaman book
- General flag state or flag state approved marine fitness medical United States C1/D visa
- English Marlin test at minimal score of 80%
- Pre-employment medical examination
Working on a cruise ship is very different from any land-based occupation. Working hours are longer and work is more intense due to the constant demand of the guests. You have to be very flexible in your working hours, which on occasion might have to be changed due to unforeseen circumstances. The Maritime Labour Convention of 2006 however strictly regulates these. Apart from the working hours there are strict rules which all members of the ship’s company need to adhere to as stipulated by the Master’s standing orders. You work in close proximity with your fellow crewmembers and therefore respect among all is essential.
Seabourn Cruise Line
With Seabourn's world renowned reputation for excellence and luxury, it is only right that we recruit only the very best people to enjoy career opportunities working on one of our ships. Seabourn Cruise Line is an excellent place to begin your career at sea as well as further develop your career within this exciting industry. Seabourn provides an intuitive and gracious service which is delivered by staff that are passionate about maximising the guest experience onboard. We are seeking hospitality professionals to join the onboard family. Start your exciting new career at sea with one of our entry level positions in the hotel department onboard. For those already in Hotel Management we have exciting management positions in Food and Beverage, Galley, Guest Services and Human Resources departments.
If you feel you have the fine art of delight, genuine and heartfelt hospitality then please apply today!