Electrical Engineering Manager
Explora Journeys is a vibrant, cosmopolitan, luxury cruise brand, inspired by Swiss Hospitality and luxury.
Leveraging our parent company MSC Group`s hundreds of years of maritime expertise, we are starting the build-up of our fleet of six ships (first one “Explora I” due to be launched in May 2023) designed and operated in a way to elevate luxury cruising to the next level. We are creating a new independent team, able to write a new successful chapter of the MSC Group history.
The Electrical Engineering Manager is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and budgeting operations involving the maintenance of Ship's electrical equipment, facilities and systems including the propulsion and the PMS. This role will be working for our Explora brand.
- Manage and oversee all electrical technical activities directly related to the management and operation of the owned vessels.
- Carry out ship rides to ensure that vessels are maintained to a high standard and are operated to all current regulations and Company standards.
- Co-ordinate all electrical maintenance activities by outside technical service and internal actions by crew.
- Co-ordinate any Dry-Dock activities which arise from electrical maintenance program. Review and update the electrical maintenance schedules based on Ship survey findings and results.
- Ensure that reports and repair specifications issued accurately reflect the condition of the ships and that all repairs are completed to the required standard.
- Ensure maintenance costs are managed in accordance with agreed accountable budgets and in accordance with financial approvals.
- Analyses and approves technical specifications for new building, vessel's refit and repair ensuring that solutions are tested and verified before implementation by attending FAT (Factory Acceptance test).
- Manages crisis when unexpected technical issues arise.
- Conducts troubleshooting with assistance of ship staff and equipment maker.
- Luxury Cruise experience is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language is required, additional language is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree / Diploma in Electrical Engineering or its equivalent.
- At least ten years of relevant working experience, or at least six (6) years working as a superintendent or similar function as onboard Chief Electrician.
- Travel to the ships and shipyards will be required with this role.
- MS Office tools.
- Advanced understanding of a combination of electrical skills, required to fulfil this role completely, e.g. High Voltage (11.0 kV and 6.6 kV), 440v, 220v, 24v, 12v and electronics.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, delegate and control the work process.
- Preferred experience with ABB/GE Marine High Voltage Equipment: High voltage generators, high voltage generator voltage controls, high/low voltage switchgear and distribution switchboards, high voltage circuit breakers and protective devices, low voltage circuit breakers and motor starters, cycloconverter / synchronverter propulsion drives, high / low voltage transformers, low voltage VFD.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of high voltage safety.
- Familiar with electrical engineering and installation standards including IEC, IEEE, API, IMO MODU, SOLAS, and class regulations (BV, RINA).
- Straightforward problem solving and collaborative teamwork mind.
- Ability to manage workload and priorities.
- Able to travel extensively worldwide on board.
- Full Right to Work in the United Kingdom (Required)
Gute Englischkenntnisse werden voraussgesetzt.
- Jobs im Hotelbetrieb (24)
- Küchenjobs (54)
- Restaurantjobs (43)
- Servicemitarbeiter für Getränke (29)
- Lagerverwaltungsjobs (F&B/Hotel) (1)
- Deck-Jobs (11)
- Technische Jobs / Maschinisten (9)
- Gästeservice/Rezeption Jobs (53)
- Jobs im Einzelhandel (11)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (22)
- Kinderbetreuungs-Jobs (2)
- Entertainment Jobs (37)
- Jobs für Fotografen (1)
- Reiseleiter-Jobs für Landausflüge (16)
- Medizinische Jobs (4)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (10)
- Casino Jobs (0)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Management Jobs (8)
- Verwaltungsjobs (12)
- Jobs an Land (11)
- Andere Jobs (41)