Assistant Housekeeping Manager
Aim of the Position
As Assistant Housekeeping manager, you will guarantee the service, cleanliness and maintenance of the assigned Guest area (except Restaurant outlets) as per Company procedure and USPH
- Supervises that the personnel carries out assigned duties (i.e. cabin cleaning and setup), in order to provide an excellent service, in accordance with Company procedures
- Is responsible to maintain the assigned areas (including machineries and tools) clean and tidy, in order to comply with Company standards and rules
- Leads training sessions and follows up to ensure the training is achieving set goals, in accordance with Company dispositions
- Makes inventories, in order to guarantee that inventory is aligned to warehouse as per Company procedure
- Reports any malfunction and requests maintenance in the assigned area, in order to provide a fast and effective intervention, in accordance with Company procedures
- Handles and reports to the Superior Guests complaints and cooperates with other Departments in order to ensure an excellent service and provide a fast and effective solution, in accordance with Company standards and procedures
- Makes internal audits in order to verify that anything is up to standard as per Company procedures
- Supervises Cabin Steward lockers and pantries, in order to verify that everything is compliant with Company rules, in accordance with Company procedures
- Guarantees that different invitation cards and treatments are duly delivered to the cabin, in order to provide a fast and courteous service
- Fills in a weekly report on safety and sanitation, in order to respect safety and sanitation rules strictly, in accordance with Company procedures
- Collaborates with Housekeeping Manager and Tour Manager in order to prepare and organize luggage tags before disembarkation, in accordance with Company procedures
- Facilitate a work environment that supports a successful safety culture. Is responsible for ensuring that his/her team implements and maintains an effective Hess management system. Enforce and promote Safety procedures in the team/Department under responsibility
- Secondary School in Tourism or Hotel
- At least 2 years’ experience in the same position in other cruise Company
- At least 2 years’ experience as Housekeeping Manager in Hotel
- English knowledge B2
- Italian or French or German or Spanish or Portuguese or Chinese (Mandarin) knowledge B2
- Previous shipboard experience is a plus
- Housekeeping techniques: cleaning cabins, cleaning methods and set up, USPH basics, MS Office package basics
- Use of cleaning machinery: vacuum, buffing machine, shampoo machine, suck water machine, blower, steam machine
Gute Englischkenntnisse werden voraussgesetzt.
Costa is the largest Italian travel group and the European number one cruise operator; proudly the only company in the cruise industry sailing the Italian flag.
From the beginning, we operate with passion to make our guests find the most wonderful places to over 250 destinations worldwide in Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the Baltic Sea, the Caribbean, Central and South America, the United Arab Emirates, the Far East, the Indian Ocean, plus Round-the-World cruises, offering them the opportunity to discover countries and to meet different cultures, with respect for their identities.
We enjoy an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming. We are team-oriented and know that diversity of thought and ideas are key to growing personally and professionally.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community of more than 19,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are young, explorers and pioneers with a passion for making human connections with each other and across the world.
Your career is an exploration of your potential. Embark on your career journey where you explore your talents and skills, and see each accomplishment as a beginning for your next experience.
Are you ready to join?