Able Seaman / Quarter Master
The Able Seaman / Quarter Master on board will stand watch as helmsman and lookout, maintain a steady course, execute all rudder orders and communicate using navigational terms relating to heading and steering.
- Handles the maintenance, cleanliness and manoeuvring of the ship;
- Secures navigational watch in order to prevent any possible hazard to the ship;
- Controls at the gangway with the Officer on duty;
- Performs the manoeuvring and the maintenance for the safety of the ship, the passengers and the Crew;
- Minimises the wastage of materials while respecting all rules relating to injury, safety and pollution preventions;
- Is capable to drive the Tender/ Lifeboat when the ship is at anchor.
- MUST BE over 18 years of age;
- STCW “Basic Training” (Basic Fire Fighting, Personal Survival Techniques, Elementary First Aid, PSSR), “ Watchkeeping Certificate” Reg.II/4 and “Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boat” are compulsory;
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken);
- School-leaving certificate;
- At least 2 years of experience in deck department and minimum 1 year of experience as Quarter Master/helmsman;
- Minimum knowledge of PC;
- Sufficient knowledge in Fire Fighting techniques and injury prevention;
- Sufficient knowledge in maintenance, technique and seamanship;
- Good knowledge of COLREG Regulation.
- VISA working permit, Entry and/or Transit VISAs may be required depending on ship itinerary;
Gute Englischkenntnisse werden voraussgesetzt.
JOIN US AND SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN GROW!
MSC Cruises has grown exponentially since 2003. In such a short time, we have built a fleet of 21 modern and most environmentally advanced ships!
With our constant expansion, our fleet will grow in capacity with the arrival of eight new ships in three different classes by 2027.
One of our latest ships – MSC World Europa – was delivered in 2022, inaugurating the World Class. It is our largest cruise ship to date, with a capacity of over 6,700 passengers, served by more than 2,000 crew members.
In 2022 we also inaugurated the MSC Seascape which features new immersive high-tech entertainment with innovative technology that provides guests with endless leisure options.
From 2023 MSC Cruises will enter the Luxury segment by launching its first of four Explora Journeys ships. The ships will be equipped with the best and latest environmental technology and bestowed with a highly-innovative design.
With four new mega-ships and four Luxury ships to be built and delivered between 2023 and 2027, the biggest and most important challenge for MSC Cruises is to find, recruit and train a high number of new crew members needed to provide the service, fun and safety that have become hallmarks of MSC Cruises.
This massive project is already well under way. The Human Resources Team is not only working to recruit the best talents but is also visiting our manning agencies and hiring partners around the world to ensure that the right people and facilities are in place to prepare this ‘army’ of new crew members for their life at sea.
We need motivated and ambitious crew members who work with passion and understand the value of a smile.