Aim of the Position
Carry on the main entertainment attraction in the Disco. Helps creating the best atmosphere during his performances.
- Operating the entertainment equipment in the discotheque always keeping in mind that the equipment is the property of the ship and it is used under the control of the Engine Department.
- Showing maximum attention and care of the equipment and security procedures on board, being aware that any incorrect usage or modifications to circuits may cause serious damage and danger to the personnel involved.
- Assisting the adult, children and teen cruise staff during the activities organised in the discotheque, preparing the technical equipment and checking the quality of the musical programme in such a way that they are suitable for the activity in question.
- Reporting to the Head Technician any and all problems concerning equipment, following Company procedures.
- Verifying, in case of ship visit from shore-side technical personnel or an inspection, if the technical equipments are planned. He/she is always present to furnish the necessary support and assistance.
- Keeping tidy his/her place of work and equipment lockers assigned. Showing maximum respect for the equipment, not leaving lying around objects which could be lost, stolen or damaged.
- Adapting the musical content to the tastes of the Guests present, with regard to the song lists required and their proper mixing.
- Collaborating with the Animation Team organizing special events or theme evenings.
- Secondary School
- Experience in clubs or disco on land or on other ships.
- Basic Sound and Light expertise. Computer literate.
- Enthusiastic, creative and good communicator
- At ease with public speaking
- English knowledge B1
- Italian knowledge is an advantage
- Shipboard experience is a plus
Gute Englischkenntnisse werden voraussgesetzt.
Costa is the largest Italian travel group and the European number one cruise operator; proudly the only company in the cruise industry sailing the Italian flag.
From the beginning, we operate with passion to make our guests find the most wonderful places to over 250 destinations worldwide in Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the Baltic Sea, the Caribbean, Central and South America, the United Arab Emirates, the Far East, the Indian Ocean, plus Round-the-World cruises, offering them the opportunity to discover countries and to meet different cultures, with respect for their identities.
We enjoy an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming. We are team-oriented and know that diversity of thought and ideas are key to growing personally and professionally.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community of more than 19,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are young, explorers and pioneers with a passion for making human connections with each other and across the world.
Your career is an exploration of your potential. Embark on your career journey where you explore your talents and skills, and see each accomplishment as a beginning for your next experience.
Are you ready to join?