Front Desk Manager
The Front Desk Manager supervises the Guest Service Agents and Bell Boy team in order to provide personalized service and first contact resolutions to guests' issues, while running the operation of the Reception - Guest Service desk.
- Leading the Front Desk Team, by liaising with Guest Relations Director and Guest Feedback Manager to achieve total guest satisfaction.
- Ensuring all guest complaints and requests are handled promptly and efficiently and resolved to the guests' satisfaction.
- Handling sensitive and escalated guests' issues, upholding the Company's image.
- Cooperating with all shipboard managers to ensure all issues are taken care of and resolved in a prompt way.
- Scheduling all resources fairly, covering all desk and side duties in order to ensure the operation runs smoothly.
- Ensuring reports are produced and sent in timely manner.
- Developing and coaching new hire team members within their probationary period, making sure IPM evaluation and standard feedbacks are issued and discussed. Also sponsoring their career growth.
- Monitoring team members job performance using standard company tools to provide feedbacks and development plans.
- As a member of MSC Family, the Front Desk Manager is responsible for ensuring that guests have an unforgettable and pleasant experience. In accordance with Master of Excellence processes and procedures, ensures the prompt and effective resolution of our guests' issues in order to leave positive impression of MSC Cruises”.
- Passion for Customer Service and Guest Satisfaction.
- At least one year or more in a customer service managerial position in the cruise industry or luxury hotels.
- Bachelor's in hospitality management, and/or at least 3 years in shipboard experience in a front of the house position and managing a team.
- As a member of our MSC family, each crew member is responsible for ensuring that our guests have an unforgettable and pleasant experience. Guest centricity and complaint recovery are the forefront of everything done onboard and each crewmember is empowered to address any concerns that arise to make sure that guests are fully satisfied.
- User of MS Office.
- Superuser of Fidelio/Otalio systems.
- The ability to speak, read and write in English as it is the working and safety language of the Company.
- The ability to speak, read and write in any other major language (Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Russian, Chinese etc.) is considered a major advantage.
Gute Englischkenntnisse werden voraussgesetzt.
JOIN US AND SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN GROW!
MSC Cruises has grown exponentially since 2003. In such a short time, we have built a fleet of 21 modern and most environmentally advanced ships!
With our constant expansion, our fleet will grow in capacity with the arrival of eight new ships in three different classes by 2027.
One of our latest ships – MSC World Europa – was delivered in 2022, inaugurating the World Class. It is our largest cruise ship to date, with a capacity of over 6,700 passengers, served by more than 2,000 crew members.
In 2022 we also inaugurated the MSC Seascape which features new immersive high-tech entertainment with innovative technology that provides guests with endless leisure options.
From 2023 MSC Cruises will enter the Luxury segment by launching its first of four Explora Journeys ships. The ships will be equipped with the best and latest environmental technology and bestowed with a highly-innovative design.
With four new mega-ships and four Luxury ships to be built and delivered between 2023 and 2027, the biggest and most important challenge for MSC Cruises is to find, recruit and train a high number of new crew members needed to provide the service, fun and safety that have become hallmarks of MSC Cruises.
This massive project is already well under way. The Human Resources Team is not only working to recruit the best talents but is also visiting our manning agencies and hiring partners around the world to ensure that the right people and facilities are in place to prepare this ‘army’ of new crew members for their life at sea.
We need motivated and ambitious crew members who work with passion and understand the value of a smile.