Food & Beverage Sanitation Controller (Cruise) – Worldwide
A leading Cruise Line is looking for a Food & Beverage Sanitation Controller to join the team within their large fleet of ships. In this position, you will oversee all initiatives related to food safety and hygiene standard in F&B areas, coordinate all cleaning and sanitation procedures, conduct food safety and public health training onboard for F&B employees continuously, be in charge of monitoring and leading the Galley Stewarding team in following their daily assignments and duties, manage annual cleaning supply budgets and look for and suggest possible efficiency to achieve target.
- Working knowledge of Advanced Wastewater Purification (AWP) System. Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various food and beverage service venues throughout the ship.
- This Position will report directly to the Food & Beverage Manager/Director and Executive Chef regarding corporate Public Health policies and implementation of sanitation programs including Outbreak Prevention Plan (OPP). Provide strategic and operational direction and leadership in all F&B areas in regards to administering onboard food safety and sanitation program. Accountable for managing the annual galley cleaning supply, budget and possible efficiencies.
- This individual should inspect onboard food storing and distribution facilities as well as assisting the Executive Chef on loading days with quality control, temperature spot checks and handling of food items received to the ship.
- Implementing, establishing and maintaining compliance with internal and external Public Health requirements. Develops procedures, guidelines and checklists for inspections. Provides detail reports to all food & beverage management after onboard internal inspections and ensures follow up. Analyzes current procedures versus new technology and makes recommendations to management for implementation.
- Conducts extensive sanitation inspections in all F&B working areas, including, but not limited to the following functions onboard and at outer islands: galleys, guest and crew dining outlets, room service, bars, bar pantries, provision, preparation rooms, chemical lockers and private destinations.
- Gathers samples and tests parts, components and materials to determine conformance to standards.
- Reviews public health inspection report and corrective actions from the fleet for compliance and uniformity and special reports concerning the inspection results, departmental activities, issues, quality systems, equipment, schedules, and non-compliance items.
- Reviews overall sanitation compliance and quality issues with the Food & Beverage Manager/Director and F&B sub-division heads. Directs actions required to correct non-compliance items and follows-up with shipboard management.
- Ensures, along with assigned division head, that all equipment repairs comply with all guided requirements and units are safe to work with. This includes deck tiles, stainless steel bulkheads, walls and seams, correct coving and any other fixture and furniture in all food and beverages areas. Support, administer and manage galley AVO and if necessary brings forth pending repair issues to upper management to intensify results and expedite solutions. Initiate required preventive maintenance issues in close cooperation with facilities team and effectively utilize AMOS maintenance system. Serves as primary liaison between shore side corporate galley equipment support, and the ship.
- Develop standardized training materials and conducts compliance training in regards to food safety, OPP, sanitation procedures and guidance to shipboard food & beverage management and crew. This may be conducted individually or in a group setting. Determines public health knowledge and hygiene standards for crew and management to provide development and training plans.
- Follow up on pending public health issues until full compliance is reached. Be able to impart recommendation that will rectify non-conformity and coordinates with shore side corporate management to expedite corrective action.
- Works with food & beverage management in the implementation, required procedures and execution in the event of an outbreak in accordance with the company’s Outbreak Prevention Plan (OPP). Corrects deficiencies resulting in an outbreak and implements procedures to prevent any re-occurrence.
- Ensure consistent public health practices are carried out in all food & beverage outlets and venues in day to day operation. Communicates scheduled and unscheduled simulated inspections. Convey messages directly to supervisor in charge in regards to unsuitable conditions that need to be address immediately, needing particular attention.
- Coordinate with the Environmental Officer in regards to accurate use of Material Safety Data Sheet, Personal Protective Equipment and proper waste management, including ways of maximizing use of cleaning chemicals onboard.
- Provide the knowledge and support to assist the ship to identify problems, initiate corrective action, track compliance and, as a result, reduce their average USPH/Public Health inspection write-ups.
- Initiate ‘Best Practices’ for the team. Inspect and audit procedures, logs and day-to-day functions in all food & beverage areas under the scope of onboard sanitation procedures.
- Ensures compliance with work place safety and acts as the principal Work Place Safety Ambassador for the F&B Division.
- Directs and efficiently manages the functions of Galley Stewarding department in partnership with the Executive Chef and team. Supervise, coach, develop leadership and monitoring responsiveness of the Galley Stewarding Supervisors. Fully responsible for inspecting all F&B ware washing machines, verify if any cleaning process has taken place during the operation hours.
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Working knowledge and extensive experience conducting public health and environmental inspections in the hospitality industry and or onboard cruise ships.
- Must have a culinary background or worked as a Chef ashore or onboard.
- Extensive knowledge of United States Public Health (USPH) regulations and the Vessel Sanitation Program (VSP).
- Certification in “ServeSafe” food handler’s certification course is a plus, any other appropriate certification classes; i.e. HACCP (Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points), UKPH (United Kingdom Public Health) certification, or other internationally recognized certification, a plus.
- Ability to conduct training sessions at all levels; one-on-one or to large groups.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access and the ability to navigate within variety of software packages such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Bachelors degree in hospitality management, business administration or related science, field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to facilitate work in a team environment and to build and maintain collaborative partnerships across organizational boundaries. (Culinary, Beverage and Food Service)
- Ability to effectively interact with vendors, consultants and regulatory agencies during inspection, audit and support visits.
- Must display strong commitment to the scope of work, must possess strong communication and leadership skills being able to motivate and lead various teams in F&B division especially Culinary Stewarding team in all aspects of food safety, correct cleaning procedures and general public health policies.
- Must be a positive individual with personality, lots of self-initiative and drive.
- Ability to speak, write and read English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
If you have the required experience and are interested, then apply today.
Navis Consulting; keeping your career on course.
- Jobs im Hotelbetrieb (24)
- Küchenjobs (54)
- Restaurantjobs (37)
- Servicemitarbeiter für Getränke (27)
- Lagerverwaltungsjobs (F&B/Hotel) (3)
- Deck-Jobs (9)
- Technische Jobs / Maschinisten (4)
- Gästeservice/Rezeption Jobs (28)
- Jobs im Einzelhandel (4)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (22)
- Kinderbetreuungs-Jobs (6)
- Entertainment Jobs (41)
- Jobs für Fotografen (5)
- Reiseleiter-Jobs für Landausflüge (11)
- Medizinische Jobs (9)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (8)
- Casino Jobs (2)
- IT Jobs (4)
- Management Jobs (5)
- Verwaltungsjobs (24)
- Jobs an Land (6)
- Andere Jobs (4)