POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Cruise Staff are under the direction of the Cruise Director and Assistant Cruise Director. Cruise Staff are responsible for participation and leadership of all assigned activities and events.
In addition to engaging guests in an entertaining manner, responsible for supervision and control of all guests in many of the entertainment-related activities to meet and exceed guest satisfaction.
- Cruise Staff are responsible for serving as an effective leader in any of the assigned Cruise Programs activities, ensuring that each event takes place safely and promptly as scheduled.
- It is the responsibility of the Cruise Staff to aid in the training of new Cruise Programs team members.
- Each Cruise Staff must have the ability to serve as an effective Master of Ceremonies using their personality, talents and language ability to engage audiences of all sizes.
- Cruise Staff members will be scheduled to assist with Box Office Operations and Recreational facilities under the supervision of the Cruise Director and Assistant Cruise Director.
- The Cruise Staff are responsible for ordering, organizing and maintaining inventories and safe storage of all supplies, equipment, gifts & prizes in all Cruise Staff storage areas, under the supervision of the Assistant Cruise Director.
- The Cruise Staff are responsible to assist in the corrections, additions, printing and copying of any of the printed material used in the Entertainment Dept., with specific reference to the Freestyle Daily, under the direction of the Cruise Director.
- It is the responsibility of the Cruise Staff to be accessible to and approachable with the guests at all times. He/she must be capable of being a patient listener while making the guests feel at home.
- Meet & Greet guests upon embarkation and disembarkation.
- Assist with private parties and functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Two or more years of work experience in a Recreation/Hospitality/Entertainment-related field is preferred. Prior experience in the tourism/travel industry is also preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in a similar role in the Service and/or Entertainment industry is required.
- One year or more of entertainment skills such as, but not limited to, ability to sing, dance, clown & circus, MC or host are preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written level in at least one other language such as German, Spanish, Russian, French or Italian is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Micros and Fidelio Cruise is preferred.
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
- Jobs im Hotelbetrieb (24)
- Küchenjobs (54)
- Restaurantjobs (43)
- Servicemitarbeiter für Getränke (29)
- Lagerverwaltungsjobs (F&B/Hotel) (1)
- Deck-Jobs (11)
- Technische Jobs / Maschinisten (9)
- Gästeservice/Rezeption Jobs (53)
- Jobs im Einzelhandel (11)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (22)
- Kinderbetreuungs-Jobs (2)
- Entertainment Jobs (37)
- Jobs für Fotografen (1)
- Reiseleiter-Jobs für Landausflüge (16)
- Medizinische Jobs (4)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (10)
- Casino Jobs (0)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Management Jobs (8)
- Verwaltungsjobs (12)
- Jobs an Land (11)
- Andere Jobs (41)