Head Waiter (Cruise)
I am looking for a Head Waiter to join a very well known and large cruise line.
Assists the Restaurant Manager in the supervision of the Restaurant personnel ensuring total guest satisfaction regarding food quality and service in accordance with company policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Directs, coaches, supports, supervises and evaluates (in conjunction with the restaurant Manager) the performance of all direct reports.
2. Individual will be responsible and held accountable for the Casual Dining Area and Buffet service in general.
3. Must be thoroughly versed with the company’s high food and service standards, anticipating and fulfilling guests’ needs.
4. Visits every table of his/her Casual Dining area on daily basis, ensuring guests are totally satisfied with the food and service. Recognizes guests by their names and personally takes care of all special requests and VIPs Casual Dining Area
5. Notifies the Restaurant Manager of any demanding guests in the Casual Dining Area and/or Buffet related areas.
6. Ensures that the Restaurant personnel follow company policies at all times regarding uniforms, personal appearance and hygiene.
7. Has Basic knowledge of wines and wine service and whenever necessary assists the Wine Sommelier with wine service.
8. Takes an active role in the training program for the Casual Dining personnel, specially with new hires, giving them the necessary guidance to successfully integrate into the team.
9. Ensures the cleaning schedule set up by the Restaurant Manager is followed by the assigned personnel, and inspects his/hers section thoroughly.
10. Ensures that all personnel are knowledgeable about, and follow at all times, the United States Public Health rules and regulations.
11. Brings any disciplinary issues with the waiters/tresses Assistant waiters/tresses or Casual Dining Waiters/tresses working during breakfast and lunch in the buffet area , to the attention of the Restaurant Manager.
12. Has a thorough understanding of Time and Attendance procedures, shipboard training, and is familiar with the contracts and work schedule hours/week and supporting documentation.
13. Aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, in order to assist guests and crew members with inquiries.
14. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
15. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
16. This position is responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of records, reports, supplies and equipment.
17. Ensures that all communication costs are kept under control.
18. Ensures that guests are charged for pertinent special requests and services.
19. Conducts workstation spot checks to ensure items are correctly stored to minimize deterioration and waste.
§ Cruise ship experience in similar position.
§ Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.
§ Very strong management skills in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
§ Very strong communication, problem solving, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
§ Superior customer service, teambuilding and conflict resolution skills.
§ Knowledge of the principles and processes for providing personalized services including needs assessment techniques, quality service standards, alternative delivery systems, and guest satisfaction evaluation techniques.
§ Strong planning, coaching, organizing, staffing, controlling, and evaluating skills.
§ Intermediate computer software skills required.
§ Possess a good understanding of basic accounting principles such as numbering flow, “Debits/Credits”, adjusting entries and corrections.
Navis Consulting; keeping your career on course.
- Jobs im Hotelbetrieb (20)
- Küchenjobs (56)
- Restaurantjobs (26)
- Servicemitarbeiter für Getränke (17)
- Lagerverwaltungsjobs (F&B/Hotel) (1)
- Deck-Jobs (10)
- Technische Jobs / Maschinisten (7)
- Gästeservice/Rezeption Jobs (50)
- Jobs im Einzelhandel (10)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (20)
- Kinderbetreuungs-Jobs (2)
- Entertainment Jobs (28)
- Jobs für Fotografen (2)
- Reiseleiter-Jobs für Landausflüge (7)
- Medizinische Jobs (4)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (3)
- Casino Jobs (2)
- IT Jobs (3)
- Management Jobs (15)
- Verwaltungsjobs (8)
- Jobs an Land (11)
- Andere Jobs (30)